The 4 Bicycle Voyager FlangeFixed Cycle Carrier Black is for use on a flange ball tow bar and has a maximum load capacity of 80kg. All MaxxRaxx Cycle Carriers have a tilting facility, an inbuilt security cable, and our unique ratchet tie-down mechanism. They come supplied with fixing bolts, locating pins and 2 padlocks for added security. All our cycle carriers are robustly built from structural steel and this one is finished in a textured matt black powder coating. Its modular design allows the Cycle Carrier to be converted as and when you require it. Whether you increase or decrease the number of bicycles, or you change your vehicle and/or Tow Bar type.
All Land Rover Freelander 2 owners please contact MaxxRaxx directly for further information before purchasing the FlangeFixed 2 Bolt type Cycle Carrier.
Features & Benefits of the MaxxRaxx 4 Bicycle Voyager FlangeFixed Cycle Carrier
Setting Up and Getting going
- Cycle Carrier Adaptor permanently bolts behind the Tow ball (DIY). Suitable for carrying up to 4 bicycles on a two-bolt flange tow bar (Fixed or detachable versions).
- Lightweight carrier (11.9KG) with a load capacity of 80kg, suitable for carrying up to 4 bicycles (75KG S-Value required for this carrier). PLEASE CHECK YOU NOSE WEIGHT RATING/ S-VALUE OF YOUR TOW BAR IF EXCEEDING 75KG
- Carrier dimensions: height above tow ball 81cm, length 66cm
- Tilts with bicycles loaded for easy access to the rear of your vehicle.
- Bicycles are gripped firmly and held clear of your vehicle to prevent damage to paintwork and keeps them in line with the S-Tube whilst you tilt the cycle carrier.
- Easy to fit and use, no extra straps required to secure the bicycles.
- Strong ratchet and MAXXRAXX Cycle Cradles hold bicycles securely.
- NB. AUXX Safety Straps are not included in our 2 Bicycle Cycle Carriers (They are included as 15AS02 if you purchase any of our Cycle Carriers for 3 bicycles and more). However, you will need to purchase as an extra 15AS02 (Black) or 15AS04 (DayGlo) AUXX Safety Straps if you intend to carry 2 E-Bikes on a 2 bicycle cycle carrier. Please contact MaxxRaxx for further information on this and as to why they are required.
Bicycle Security whilst on the Cycle Carrier
- Built-in security cable can be locked into the Top Beam with one of the keyed alike padlocks supplied securing the bicycles to the carriers. The carrier is locked to the tow ball adaptor with the second of the keyed alike padlocks supplied.
Be Seen, Be Legal when carrying cycles and not towing at the same time
- MAXXRAXX Legal Carry Kit available, (item: 30LB01) to comply with legal requirements when rear lights and/or number plate are obscured or partially obscured. (Please note MaxxRaxx do not supply vehicle registration plates. These can be obtained from car accessory shops or tow bar/trailer centres. Please note you will require your V5 document along with proof of name and residence e.g Driver’s License). Also available the MAXXRAXX LED Legal Carry Kit (30LB02).
Other benefits and features when Towing and Carrying
- "Tow and Carry" leaves your tow ball free to enable towing at the same time, even with an AL-KO stabiliser. If you are using an AL-KO stabiliser you must use an AL-KO 2-bolt flange tow ball, as required by the AL-KO manufacturer. Please read our tow and carry guidance. Please contact us for this information.
- The Towing Height Extension (20ET42) may be required to enable the wheels of the bicycles to clear the Jockey Wheel handle on the A-frame of the trailer or caravan. (20ET40 if you already have the AUXX Safety Strap Kit).
- The modular design allows the carrier to be taken apart for easy storage and stored in the specially designed MAXXRAXX Kitbag (15KB02) available as an optional accessory. The MAXXRAXX Wall Bracket (15WB01) is available as an optional extra for secure storage of your bicycles at home or work.
- NB. YOUR VEHICLES TOW BAR NOSE WEIGHT RATING/ S-VALUE MIN. 75KG IN ORDER FOR YOU TO USE THE 10MA41.
- FlangeFixed is part of our Tow and Carry Cycle Carrier range designed for the 2 bolt Flange Tow Bars
- If you have a Swan Neck tow bar fixed or detachable and want to Tow and Carry, we have an option. Please contact us directly for further information.
- You can tow and carry at the same time with this model of our cycle carriers.
- Always use the Legal Carry Kit when you are not towing and carrying cycles.
Do not exceed your tow bar or vehicles nose weight rating/ S-Value.